Foundational Values of NBS
1. People matter to God – and to us. See Luke 15.
2. Children are precious in the eyes of Jesus Christ. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Mark 10:14
3. We must demonstrate faith to accomplish our vision and mission,. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6
4. We respect God’s timing. His timing is perfect. See Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
5. Character matters. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:13
6. God expects students be a good example. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:1
7. Loving others as well as loving ourselves reinforces right behaviors. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:39
8. Forgiveness is liberating.
a. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13
b. Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6:37
9. Our behaviors should demonstrate reconciliatory actions. For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. Ephesians 2:14-16
10. We are to perform our work decently, orderly and with excellence.
a. Let all things be done decently and in order. 1 Corinthians 14:40
b. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24
11. It is our responsibility to equip our students to give back. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
12. We are to choose our words wisely; gossip and ridicule have no home at NBS.
a. The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts. Proverbs 18:8
b. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:6
c. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight…Psalm 19:14a
13. We encourage parents and families to be involved in the school and to share their gifts in areas of service and leadership. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. 1 Timothy 6:18
14. We are to be good stewards of time, resources, facilities and the school’s reputation. Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else’s property, who will give you property of your own? Luke 16:10-12